Since the election, I’ve been able to spend some time at home in New Mexico, recharge my batteries a bit, and most important, watch what’s going on in Washington, DC – which is really nothing good.
The news is filled with stories about the “looming fiscal cliff”. Of course, in Washington, their definition of a “cliff” is that government spending will be cut next year by slightly more than $100 billion – IF Congress and the President don’t come to an agreement to cut spending by LESS than that. With a $16 trillion debt and trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, only in Washington would cutting $100 billion be viewed as an impending disaster.
The real disaster – the real “fiscal cliff” – is the one we face if spending ISN’T cut by far more than $100 billion. There are talking heads on TV saying, with a straight face, that cutting spending by a few small percentage points will devastate the economy. Where were those talking heads when the Democrats and Republicans were conspiring to run up an unsustainable $16 TRILLION national debt. Who is pointing out the obvious: That ridiculous levels of spending have already devastated the economy – and that the so-called fiscal cliff is a pothole compared to the real cliff that our Thelma and Louise government is driving us over.
And of course, the “deals” on the table to prevent those $100 billion in cuts, along with $400 billion in tax increases, look very familiar: Raise the taxes, and promise to cut the spending. Sure, the Republicans and Democrats are arguing – at least for the cameras – over what to call the tax increases, but regardless, they’re all talking about solving their problem by taking more of our money. And the spending cut promises? As Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush learned the hard way, the taxes go up, but the spending cuts seem to never happen.
And here we go again. Yes, that sound you hear is the can being kicked down the road. The politicians will spend the next three weeks posturing and posing and pounding their chests, and then go behind closed doors and cut a deal to once again avoid dealing with the disastrous debt problem.
You and I know that this is exactly what will happen, UNLESS enough voices are raised to say “STOP!” Stop the games, stop the posturing, and stop the political denial.
I will be one of those voices. And with your help, we will make them listen. It would be easy to sit on the sidelines and let this game play out, but that simply isn’t in my nature. The future of America, the survival of economic freedom, and the liberty that government is destroying are all too important.
We may not have won the election – thanks to the rigged game our two-party duopoly has created, but I would strongly maintain that we won on the issues. More than a million Americans stood up for real liberty, truly smaller government, and bold steps to actually solve the problems the politicians in Washington are today kicking down the road.
It is ironic, but after an election that obviously didn’t change anything, our message has never been more timely nor more important.
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Top Posts & Pages
- If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?
- The True "Final Solution"? GOD!
- I Have Seen Proof That the Two-Party System is Vulnerable to Defeat in 2016.
- Tools of the American Patriot: Homemade Napalm, Simple Molotov Cocktails, Legal Tannerite and Homemade Thermite
- As Russians Re-Install Nuclear Weapons Threat in Cuba...Obama Continues to Be Wrapped Up In His Own Version of Reality
- 4208 February 21, 2013
- Notice to Our Readers…The D.C. Clothesline is Moving February 19, 2013
- STATE LEGISLATURES, SUPREME COURTS, GOVERNORS’ OFFICES, AND OFFICIAL WEB PAGES LINKS February 17, 2013
- Ft. Hood Massacre Survivors Betrayed By Obama Too In His Litany Of Treacheries That Just Goes On & On February 16, 2013
- Is Fred Phelps a Common Bigot? Or an Evil Genius? February 16, 2013
- Random Thoughts and Ramblings February 15, 2013
- Russian Author States “…the US 2nd Amendment is a rare light in an ever darkening room.” February 15, 2013
- 4065 February 15, 2013
- 4064 February 15, 2013
- 4063 February 15, 2013
- YOUR COMMUNIST MANIFESTO February 14, 2013
- Truth, justice & the American way? Not in Obama’s America as his Gay Gestapo wages war on Superman & target your kids! February 13, 2013